By mid-June, most of the snow from the slopes at Snowbasin has long been melted. But that doesn’t mean that this traditional winter destination is inactive during the summer. In fact, it’s quite the contrary. All the restaurants at Snowbasin remain open year-round; the trail systems at Snowbasin and the surrounding areas are open; and the disc golf course is open and ready for players. You’ll find plenty of things to do at Snowbasin during the offseason. But in addition to these summer-time amenities, Snowbasin hosts free concerts throughout the summer as a part of the Blues, Brews, and BBQ Concert Series.
The Blues, Brews, and BBQ Concert Series will begin on Sunday, June 23rd and will run every Sunday through the end of September. Snowbasin will hold each concert on the patio at Earl’s Lodge, located at the base of the mountain. Every concert will begin at approximately 12:00 pm.
The Blues, Brews, and BBQ Concert Series will feature a different artist every week, with styles ranging from blues to bluegrass, reggae to rock ‘n’ roll, soul to country. The 2013 Blues, Brews, and BBQ Concert Series lineup is as follows:
- June 23rd – Marinade with special guest Folk Hogan
- June 30th – Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real with special guest Andy Frasco and the UN
- July 7th – Nicki Bluhm and the Gamblers with special guest Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds
- July 14th – Benyaro with special guest Red Desert Ramblers
- July 21st – Whitewater Ramble with special guest Moses Guest
- July 28th – Coastwest Unrest with special guest The Nate Robinson Trio
- August 4th – Monophonics with special guest The 321s
- August 11th – Jeff Crosby and the Refugees with special guest The Kap Brothers
- August 18th – Jonathan Warren and the Billygoats with special guest Jeanne Jolly
- August 25th – Codi Jordan Band with special guest Know Ur Roots
- September 1st – Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band with special guest Bullets and Belles
- September 8th – Bill Payne of Little Feat with special guest The Hooligans
- September 15th – Ugly Valley Boys with special guest Shane Osgothorpe
- September 22nd – Shook Twins with special guest Red Desert Ramblers
- September 29th – Abraxas with special guest The Kap Brothers
If any—or all—of the shows listed above catch your interest, head up to Snowbasin for the rockin’ festivities. It’s free, after all! Plus, Earl’s Lodge will be serving up some delicious BBQ and ice cold brews for a little extra. Don’t miss out on these awesome shows!
If you’re not in the mood for BBQ and are hungry after your concert, visit one of the amazing restaurants in nearby Eden or Huntsville. A few of our favorites include the Shooting Star Saloon, Alpine Pizza, and Carlos and Harley’s. Or stop by The Oaks in Canyon on your way home and enjoy some delicious Farr Better Ice Cream. You’ll find no shortage of things to do in Ogden Valley.
Check back with our blog in the coming days for more details regarding the first Blues, Brews, and BBQ concert.
Trent Olsen contributed to this article.
Mountain Luxury Real Estate is a division of Mountain Real Estate Companies that features some of real estate’s most amazing properties. Mountain Real Estate Companies consists of two additional divisions, Mountain REO and Mountain Living. Please visit our website to learn more about us. For our most recent updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.